Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pounding Heart

So hubby brings the mail in two days ago. There's a letter from the attorney's office, but it has the name of an adoption agency in the return address above the clearly recognizable address I've been using for years. This is the first thing I've gotten from them since the finalization. It's a white #10 envelope with just one page folded inside. I can tell before I even open it. My heart is pounding and I'm thinking that M has asked the attorney to write a f* off and leave us alone letter. It's only been a few days since his birthday and the receipt of my letter reminding her that I am still waiting for a picture and asking again about contact, so the timing is right, although faster than expected for a response.

But no, it's from the attorney about how they've been doing adoptions for so many years now they've decided to start an actual agency. And it's all warm and fuzzy and wonderful. Barf. I am kind of curious how I qualified for that mailing list, but was a little encouraged that they had my correct name and address, so I know that I am in their system. Also, the letter did mention how the agency is geared to cater to everyone involved in adoption, so maybe I will act on the advice of a commenter a while back and ask them for a little assistance with the contact issue and maybe some birthmother counseling/support group information. Can't hurt at this point.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I started reading your blog; hits home . Though I am glad you get pics & updates. I am a first mom as well(ugh) http://keepingbabieswithmommy.blogspot.com/; i been looking for a support group as well. People are referring me to OriginsUSA; but i was hoping more face to face. But; i just can't find any thing in Georgia.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Laurie (formerly known as Momseekingpeace) said...

Oh... not a good letter to get but maybe you could ask for help with contact.
MSP

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home