Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Letter Writing - Pondering

Something I've been thinking about this summer is writing a letter to my son. It's something I should probably do as I am feeling more and more strongly about it. But the thought terrifies me when I think seriously of writing just to him, not his parents, when I envision him reading it, assuming his adoptive mother would give it to him to read.

How do I write a letter to a person I love so much but I only truly know as a baby? It seems so direct. And terrifying.

Or perhaps it's just my perfectionism and constant self criticism telling me that I may blow it or he isn't interested or he won't/doesn't like me.

Maybe just a simple note will do. Dear Name, I love you very much and I have loved you since before you were born. I just wanted you to know that, in case you ever wondered. Love, Jayne.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Thanks for the ideas, Kim, and thanks for the encouragement, Nicole. I really never thought about writing directly to him before this summer. I guess I was waiting for his adoptive mother to say it was okay.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home