Monday, June 09, 2008

No Confirmation of Receipt

I went to the post office and mailed his present, my niece's present and another item. As I was putting my credit card away I realized that for the first time in years I did not get a delivery confirmation receipt. And it shocked me that I hadn't even thought to get one.

Amazing what a "not interested in contact at this time" can do.

I used to always get one and a large part of the reason was in case pettiness was genetic I could prove that I had always mailed his presents in time for the attorney's office to get them to him before his birthday or Christmas.

But now it doesn't matter, according to my subconscience that apparently has absorbed and assimilated the 'no contact' news better than I realized.

And it was a little bit of a relief actually, less baggage (and paperwork) as I left the post office, simply having mailed a package like it was any other.

17 years later maybe I'm finally letting go a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home