Saturday, July 29, 2006

Breastfeeding

Breastfeeding is a hot topic and I certainly have my opinions about it now that I am a bf'er. I really liked the way Sweetcoalminer put it into words and I especially resonated with the following two quotes from her post:

I feel like I am always hiding. In the car. My back to everyone else. facing a corner. In the bathroom. This is not how it was meant to be.

....

I just wish I weren't embarassed to nurse her at the gym, at the restaurant, on the Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade. I wish I didn't feel like I owe it to society to nurse her before we leave the house so no one will be offended by my act of feeding my kid.


Sweetcoalminer also puts into words (in the same post) what I like so much about breastfeeding my daughter: It has made me slow down and appreciate her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

My daughter is 5 now, and no longer nursing, but we nursed waaaaay longer than most people. I miss it sometimes. I miss that slow down, that time to stretch out on the bed with her, or pull her onto my lap, for some 'moo-moo' and she's just mine, all mine, in sweet milky bliss. It's so hard to connect with her now, she's so busy, she's so big and independent.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home